Friday 18 September 2009

Covers, covers, covers!

I don't get to come home much, so i've been drumming like a madman all day today to make the most of it (and have the blisters on my hands to prove it - yes, i'm hard as nails). I've got a fair few covers done, and will upload them in due course.

A lot of the songs i have done today i've only played along to a handful of times, so they won't be as accurate as the other ones on my profile (though In Too Deep turned out ok - surprisingly enough.)

I'm reasonably happy with the Green Day covers i uploaded on here. I particularly like the tom beat out of American Idiot.

In drum kit related news, another bit broke off my left crash cymbal today. It started off as a 16", but it's gradually getting smaller and smaller. I figure soon i will just end up having another splash. Ah well!

Right, i'm off to bed. I'm going to try and tackle Decode from Paramore tomorrow. It has a few tricky parts (What the hell does he do after that first chorus?!), so i'm sure that will keep me busy. Wish me luck.

Oh, and luckily this little fella (see pic) kept me company whilst i was drumming today. Cheers mate!

5 comments:

  1. Keep them coming!
    You have a very relaxed and yet powerful style of playing, always fun to watch. Makes me wish I lived somewhere near so we could jam!

    - Helod

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I think i play hard because my cymbals are so small, i feel i have to hit them harder to get more noise out of them.

    Yeah, it's hard to find people to jam with. It would be good to be in a band again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way! Is there any chance that you can do Nirvana's Aneurysm by request? That drum fill in the intro has always been a mystery to me.

    - H.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that spider is freaking big o.o ... I would be scared >_< lol

    Can't wait for Decode!!! That drummer kicks ass :D and so do u. Can u play Emergency? I know how to play it but still gotta work on it.

    Krys

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Dude,

    Can you please cover 'When you Believe' by Leon Jackson or the original version by Mariah and Whitney?

    You Rock!

    ReplyDelete