Tuesday 6 October 2009

FAQ#3: What is your set-up?

Even though my equipment is all falling apart, i still get asked this question a lot. Maybe you want to know what equipment i have so you know what to avoid when hitting the drum shop.

Anyway, here is a list of my stuff:

Kit
Tama Rockstar

Cymbals
Zildjian 'K' Custom Dark ride
Zildjian 'Avendis' crash
Paiste Signature Fast crash
Zildjian 'K' Dark crash
Zildjian 'K' splash
Paiste Signature Sound-Edge hi-hats.

Stands + Pedals
Dw 5000 single pedal
Pearl Eliminator double pedal
Heavy duty stands (various makes)

Sticks
5a Vic Firth or Pro-Mark

Heads
Evans G2 batters over G1 resonants (toms)
Remo snare head (old snare head...DON'T get Remo snare heads)
Aquarian snare head (New. Pretty decent)

If you know your drum equipment, you'll know this lot costs a pretty penny. If i've missed anything else out you want to know about, let me know. Oh, and i don't know the sizes of everything, as i'm 100 miles away from my kit right now.

4 comments:

  1. Do your resonant heads work well? Cause I have G2 on my drums and the stock heads that come with them for the resonant and I don't know what I want on my resonant side

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to learn to play the drums, but I live in a apartment/flat. So as not to disturb my neighbors I would like to but an electric drum kit. Any suggestions? I would like to spend about one thousand dollars at the most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry meant to spell buy not but:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Yes, my tom resonants work great! I reccommend keeping them looser than the the batter heads, giving it a more boomier sound.

    2. I've heard good things about this Roland kit:

    http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~Roland-HD-1-V-Drums-Lite~ID~6945.asp

    Just DON'T go for a budget maker. Stick with Yamaha/Roland etc. When buying an electronic kit it's best to save up that bit extra for the added quality. I'm thinking of getting one of these kits myself.

    Good luck shopping!

    ReplyDelete